Project Manager / Project Engineer
Based in Langley, British Columbia, AWC designs, fabricates and delivers integrated process and water solutions across North America and internationally. Whether it is a simple design and fabrication or a complete, complex design-build project, AWC specializes in all aspects of delivering innovative water and wastewater treatment plants on-time and on-budget. With delivering over 600 projects, AWC has a steady growth in work backlog and is seeking to deliver more projects locally and internationally.
AWC is currently seeking applications for Project Manager/Project Engineer positions. While water / wastewater process expertise is an asset, the successful candidate will need to have and demonstrate experience in managing all aspects of projects. This includes managing multidisciplinary engineering & design teams, supply chain, documentation, fabrication, QA/QC, logistics and field construction. The candidate must have a strong understanding of project budget and timeline attainment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, lead by example, and is responsible for overall staff safety
- Develop Execution Strategies for the engineering, fabrication and construction teams
- Develop High Level and Detailed Planning for projects
- Develop Scopes of Work for engineering, design and construction
- Manage overall project budgets
- Manage the engineering, design supply chain, fabrication, subcontractors and external Stakeholders including 3rd party engineering firms, construction companies, and major equipment providers
- Manage schedule and project timeline while tracking deliverables
- Provide constant communication and coordination with clients
- Travel to project sites (often remote) as required throughout the duration of a project
- Manage documentation processes
- Lead quality assurance
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluate and assess project results and report to office management and clients
- Perform and lead the team on project change management
- Provide leadership in risk management
- Provide critical thinking and lead teams in problem-solving
- Perform contract negotiation
- Resolve conflict resolution
- Minimum 5 years of project management / engineering experience
- Engineering degree in process / mechanical / electrical engineering or equivalent
- Currently registered as a Professional Engineer
- Certification in project management (e.g. PMP, PMI, MBA) or equivalent
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge
- A high level of general business acumen is important
- Experience in strategic planning is an asset
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Hands on engineering/design experience
- Sensitivity and experience with First Nation communities, work ethic, and cultural practices
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written)
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Strong decision-making and leadership capabilities
- EPFc experience is desired
Industry Leading Compensation Packages. AWC has developed a compensation package for each position that rewards employees for hard work and results. From base salary to group benefits to position specific perks, team members are rewarded for their part and contribution to the growth of AWC.
Personal Development. AWC is a strong believer in lifelong personal and professional growth and development. We desire that all team members reach their full potential. It is our belief that a healthy mind and heart lend to a healthy contributor to the success of a company. As such AWC provides, along with professional development, subsidies for various fitness passes or activities for your activity of choice.
Work Hard, Play Hard. At AWC, we have love for life and strong passion for what we do. We believe in building strong relationships between all employees. As such we sponsor monthly social nights, and team events throughout the year. We are a fast-growing company where new challenging assignments are just part of everyday work. The AWC team is committed to maintaining a professional environment while connecting with every member on a personal level.
We look forward to reviewing your application!